Monday, March 28, 2016

Sheldon is awesome

Hello again!
I always start these the same way, so sorry for the monotony...but things really are going great here. I love all the people here, the ward, and the investigators, and my companion! Companions make such a difference in your life. It's crazy how differently life goes depending on who you're surrounded by! The last two weeks in Sheldon have been awesome. We've been having such a good time teaching and finding, and doing all that we do. The ward here is so welcoming, and that makes a world of difference. I learned a lesson I will never forget in my last two wards after members found out about dad being in the accident. Most members don't see us as regular people! They focus in too much on the fact that we have this calling, and forget all the other bits. And sometimes it takes a near death encounter for them to realise that we have human problems, and at the end of the day we are the same with different focuses.
     The reason I mention that is because I want to say, it's a shame if we place our missionary responsibility as members on the missionaries. Members not currently serving a mission have the great blessing of being able to fellowship their friends as their heart desires. Full time missionaries do not however. The ability to friendship and fellowship our acquaintances is a divine gift! I think it's a serious mistake to bundle missionaries with the whole package of missionary work. As missionaries, we're not actually called to find people to teach. When members obtain the heavenly perspective of the beauty and power of their righteous influence on friends, and care enough to invite them to learn... The missionaries and the members join together in the most joyous and fruitful work this world has to offer. I've been feeling that in this ward. While it's far from perfect,the members here treat us like part of their family. There are still plenty of fears and misunderstanding etc., but to be accepted is the first step to being unified. I've been having such a wonderful time here with this ward, and it has defiantly boosted my desire to do the work. It's definitely become a model to me, to show me what I want to aim for in all the wards I'll be in throughout my life.
     So to my friends and family, go out and use that wonderful gift you've been given! And because for basically everyone it's scary to do so.... Just choose what you can do today that is only outside of your comfort zone a little. With time and diligence that mentality will turn you into a fearless stripling warrior >:-)  Haha but really, this work is too great to let alone.
     Invite a friend to watch general conference! Don't be shy to be who you are! Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Easter weekend.
Love you guys, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment