Thursday, October 29, 2015

Wolverhampton update

Hey Guys,

Things have been so crazy here. To be perfectly honest I don't remember exactly what my last update covered, so forgive me if my updates touch on the same things. My time in Wolverhampton so far has been nuts! I came in with 2 companions, Elder Bogeart from Switzerland and Elder Smith from Jamaica. Within two week I lost both of them, and now I have Elder Bellen as my companion again (the Elder I served with in Walsall). So that has been most peculiar! It has taken a little while, but I'm finally starting to get settled in. Things have been going great out here. It's been a bit hard to find people to teach, because of the dynamic of our area, so we have decided to put a bigger emphasis on working with less active members. We have set up a programme with the ward mission leader and elders quorum president, and they have become really excited! It's awesome to see the ward getting excited, but especially the ward leaders. We are going to try and have every less active member of the ward (which is a lot) visited before Christmas, by coordinating missionary efforts and home teaching efforts. I really hope we can help people see how important home teaching really is, and what a sacred privilege it is! We don't have many people we are teaching, but we did meet with a great less active - part member family least night and they are so awesome. We will definitely start visiting them more often. So that's what missionary work looks like in Wolverhampton 2nd ward right now. Fall is coming, and it's beautiful, but really cold. But being able to share a testimony brings the warmth to heart that makes it bearable. It's so true that the spirit brings warmth to the soul, and what an amazing feeling indeed.  I think that's about it for today. I really love this ward, and this work it's so great. I hope everyone is finding happiness, despite the trials in your life... For I have learned out here that happiness is not situational and knows no bounds!
Love you guys,
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment