Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference was amazing!

      Hey everybody! Hope everything is going well. This last week has been crazy. The end of last transfer was sad because the district split up and it was such an awesome district. One of the sisters went home, and I got a transfer call to Wolverhampton. I came into the transfer with two other elders, Elder Smith and Elder Bogeart. It was an absolute riot! A few day of hilarity and joy.But unfortunately Elder Bogeart has been transferred again and we are back to a companionship of two. Wolverhampton seems nice from what I've seen so far. We're not the team that has the city centre, so things are pretty spread out. But the bishop and ward mission leader and a number of members live really close. We whitewashed into the area, so none of us know what's going on. We're slowly picking up the pieces but unfortunately no one has been taught here for a number of months. So I'm really looking forward to finding new people to teach. This transfer is going to be great, I have grown to like starting an area from the ground up.
     Conference was amazing! I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, because we helped Elder Bogeart pack the night before... We were pretty tired for conference. But I loved it none the less. I still have yet to see the Sunday afternoon session, as the time difference doesn't allow missionaries to do so. But out of the sessions I saw I was deeply moved. It is such a blessing to have the opportunity to receive counsel from living prophets and apostles on the earth today. While again I do not have my notes with me, one of my favourite talks was on needing sincerity to receive an answer of if the Book of Mormon is true. I immediately knew I would love the talk, as it is a topic that is so dear to me.I also loved President Uchtdorfs talk about keeping the gospel simple. I have definitely seen how complicating the gospel makes missionary work ineffective. And if conversion won't come from complicated gospel teaching... I think it's fair to say our own continual gospel conversion should reflect a similar focus. I look forward to watching the session I haven't seen. I hope everyone had a wonderful conference weekend and got a chance to experience the convincing power therein.
I love you all, have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment