Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Update from Wales



Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long...

It's been a crazy past few months! Let me tell you a little about what's been going on. So for the past
three months or so, I was training a new missionary in the mission. It was one of my favorite times in the mission so far.  He's an English missionary from south London, and we got on wonderfully. The best part was that our humor fit together really well.... We were always having a giggle.  It was also really cool to see his personal progress over the few months we were together. That was one of the most rewarding things I have experienced on the mission. You wouldn't believe how much he grew in those three months, and I got to watch it on the front lines. It was a great blessing.  This was all taking place in Nottingham by the way. (I can't remember if I made an update since then)
We met some really cool people along the way.  Four that really stuck out.  Three investigators and our friend Keith who came back into activity in the church.  The three investigators were really awesome people. Adham, Caleb, and Nadar.  Adam is a Syrian uni student whose in England for a couple years working on his Bachelors.   He's Muslim but was really interested to meet and felt the spirit from the first time we met with him.  Caleb is a really intelligent guy who was headed off to uni to study philosophy and theology, and he happened to live a 3 minutes walk away which was convenient. He was really interested in learning and he taught a lot of the lessons to himself. It was really cool teaching him.  Nadar is an Iranian refugee who speaks not so much English. It was quite humorous at times, but we really enjoyed trying to teach him.  He disappeared after a couple months and we were sure he died. But we later got into contact and all is well.  As for Keith, the guy is a legend. He has started coming back to church and has gave up all his old vices. It was really cool to be alongside him through his journey. And he makes us hot chocolate, so we loved him for that too. :)
Nottingham was a really great area, and though I was reluctant to go at first, I loved it.
Now I've been transferred to Wales. I'm serving in an area called Rhiwbina, which is about 6 km north of Cardiff.  I was quite reluctant to come here as well, as I only have one transfer left and I had really grown to love Notts. But I'm loving it here, It's unreal. It looks a lot like England, although the houses are a bit bigger and more spread out. But the people here are so different.  I have been amazed at how kind the people are here, day in and day out.  We took a bus today and the bus driver waited for this family for like 3 minutes to cross the street and come over. In England if you're not within bus length and running, they will not wait. No questions. So I'm loving the friendly people and the slow pace of life here. The ward is amazing too. I'm really happy that I get to finish my mission here...
So, that's basically news from me.
Oh and I have a comp from the Philippines again, so that's alright.
But yeah anyways, hope you're all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment