Monday, August 8, 2016

Coventry update 8.8.16

Hey guys!

     It's been a while. But I just wanted to do a little update so that everyone could see how things are going for me over here in the land of tea and crumpets. In a week from today I have 6 months until I board the plane home, and that has driven me to do quite a bit of reflection as of late! Reflection and 'planning'... Or in other words, fretting over the fact that choices of significant impact exist. But on the reflection side, things have been a bit more impactful. Seeing that I'm nearly 3/4 done hasn't made some huge impact in my desire to 'finish strong'... But it has really driven me to see the significant influence these last 18 months have had on me. So that's been a bit eye opening.  In other light, things are trucking along quite nicely here in Coventry. We've starting working with a couple cool guys who were taught in the past and have a way solid foundation, so that has been way fun.
     Also, last night we taught an Indian lady for the first time, and it was fantastic. I've probably said this before in emails, but Indians are my people. I just love them and their culture (and cuisine). The lesson was absolutely fantastic. We brought a ward member who originally comes from India, and he absolutely made the lesson. He knew the language, the culture, the religions, and he really opened her heart to the spirit. She told us of her search for truth, and how the conventional Hindu path had not answered the questions of her soul. We promised her that we would show her how to fill that gap in her soul. I am so excited to continue to teach her! Most Hindus use their belief in all religions as a means of denying following any particular one, so it was way cool to have an experience like this.
     Differently, we are on bikes right now...
This past week a man we had never before met comes up, takes our keys and drives off in our car. We had just gotten home and were literally right in front of our flat. He was dressed pretty nice, and our guard was totally down..... It makes it slightly better that he works for the auto company and it was a pre arranged occurrence. In other words, the car is in the auto shop. Haha, I gave a couple people in the mission office quite a scare telling the story that way... (Don't worry, I eventually let them know he was with the auto shop).  But yeah, the car is gone for a week so we are biking. My body has gotten so unused to biking, especially since we are covering car distances with bikes. So that has been tiring, Oh yeah, our car and the sisters car got broken into a couple weeks ago and the sat navs were stolen.. So we'd been getting quite lost lately. Which is fun.
     But yeah, I'm not sure what else to add. We have a mini missionary. He came today, seems like a cool guy. Other than that, hope everyone is doing well. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment