Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Conference was great!

I didn't bring my journal with all my conf. notes, so I might just do the blog email next week. But I think I have what I need to update pics. So if that works, that should be good progress in of itself.
 I am so glad to hear about D!!! Believe it or not I've been thinking about him lately. I absolutely loved Elder Hollands talks also, I can talk about that one because I didn't even take notes. I think my journal says something to the effect of, ' too good, didn't take notes. If any questions arise, refer to written talk.' I may be biased because I've always like Holland the best and he served his mission here... But yeah I loved his talk. I love being able to understand the Savior more fully out here. Seeing and feeling the things He experienced in His days of ministry. And I also loved Pres. Uchtdorfs talk as well. Being out here has helped me see how even being in a place and time where I can give everything to the Lord, and know I am supposed to. It is still so hard to do it sometimes. For me the hardest part is keeping my thoughts continuous. There isn't a thing out here that is too much for me. A companion who is really pushy, people yelling at you, riding for miles and miles, etc. I come through it all just fine. The thing I need to improve is keeping my spiritual vision at the center of my focus. The world is loud. The world here is really loud. And I don't mean just noise, I mean all kinds of things that distract you from your purpose here on earth. That makes it hard to keep up with the spirit some times. Sometimes I have a difficult time in-between lessons keeping up with the spirit. That's what I'm focusing on now. Keeping my spiritual vision consistent. Obviously we can't be spiritual 100% of our day. But it's good to think about. What is the right balance, more importantly would I be comfortable being the way I am each day if today was the day I went to meet Christ. Could I follow him around all day and not get bored? Things like that.
I took the time last week to talk to her little brother who is like 16. He was having a hard time in life, and turned to video games to fill the void and the behavior became a pattern. I talked to him for a long while and gave him a lot of counsel. But the conclusion I came to was this, If we aren't happy in life... The gospel CAN fill that hole. Our unhappiness comes from 2 things, temporal things, or not understanding eternal things. The commonality being, as we continue to understand eternal things we will be joyous. I have really found this out here. I am growing so fast, so I get to see the holes filled faster than some. But that means I get to testify to others that happiness increases as you lose yourself and do what you can with what you have to improve yourself and those around you.



Here are some pics!   An enormous 14 stone dog. (225 lbs) The Moat House. The channel in Fazely by the mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment